Monday, September 26, 2011

freezing peppers

The peppers in my garden did really well this year. I had to give them lots of TLC but it paid off and now I have peppers galore. I hated the thought of letting them go to waste so I decided to slice 'em up and freeze them in pint size freezer bags. I did a bunch of purple and green bells and now I'm waiting for some to ripen a little more and turn red. I am so excited at the prospect of not having to buy peppers all winter long. Especially when red peppers get up to over $3 for one. Craziness. 
All these peppers have me thinking about all of the tasty dishes I'll be making.
Fajitas anyone??

2 comments:

Andie said...

That's cool. What specifically did you do to tend them? Mine always seem to do poorly or well at random. I'd love some tips to get them to grow better.

Kristen said...

I love peppers. You're right, it is crazy to think about how much we pay for them at the store. Have you ever thought about selling at a farmer's market?