Friday, August 3, 2012

finding a new normal



These past few weeks Ethan, Capri and I have been settling in and trying to figure out what it means to be three instead of two home during the day. There have been lots of shaky days, and I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to manage all this more often then I'd like to admit, but slowly things are getting better. It makes it easier when I watch how much Ethan loves his little sister, even though she's totally turned his world upside down. He's kind, gentle, and loves to show her all of the cool toys she's missing out on (namely trains). I'm thankful for these two little ones and how much they teach me, mostly in the patience category, everyday.

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh my heck, they are getting so big. They are absolutely adorable and I am lovin' Baby E's jammies. Love the photos Nicole!

Tawnya said...

ps. I remember when you thought the same way with Baby E? Sure your schedule is forever changed but you'll figure out what works and you be on a new schedule. You are such a great mom!

Angie said...

Yes it does take time, but we all eventually figure out our "new normal." Just enjoy the moments now...while they are little and at home. Before you know it they will be off at school all day and then on to soccer/piano/youth activities etc. in the evening and you will wonder where the days went. I can't even imagine the teenage years and those are right around the corner for me with Logan...yikes! ;)