The last week in June we headed out to Pennsylvania to visit my parents. Ethan and Capri both had so much fun and it was good to have a change of pace from our normal routine.
One afternoon we headed out to Lancaster and took a ride on the historic Pennsylvania Railroad.
Its really cool how much history you can find in PA. In addition to riding on the historic railroad, in a historic train car, we passed farms that had been there for over 300 years-including the oldest known Turkey Farm.
We had rainstorms roll through almost every night. They were a welcome break from the humid 90 degree weather we had while we were there. Ethan and Krista decided a game of tag was in order.
On Saturday we got dressed up for the main reason we were there, to celebrate Chase getting married in the Washington DC temple.
I got to take some pictures for them at the temple. I was so nervous that I was going to mess them up. The last thing I wanted was to be responsible for messing up someone's wedding photos.
Before we left, we had a birthday party for this cute little one year old. She's apparently heard the song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to..." because she was a real handful.
To Travis' delight, she's becoming quite the daddy's girl. Once he sat down by her she was happy as a clam. He helped her open her gifts-a new baby and stroller.
Then it was time for cake. She crammed as much of that cupcake into her mouth as she could and didn't come up for air until it was nearly gone.
It wasn't pretty when we took the mushy remains away from her.
I'm so glad we had the chance to go and spend time with family. Its nice to know you have a big support network of people who are on your side and who love you in spite of you.



5 comments:
Thanks for coming and sharing Chase and Sheridans special day with us. We loved having you guys out and we wish you lived closer. The kids are getting so big. Love and miss you all so much. Great pictures!
It looks like you guys had so much fun. PA looks beautiful. You knocked these photos out of the park. I love the little stories they tell.
Happy Birthday Capri! And Happy Wedding Chase! Capri is such a cutie! I agree with Tawnya, you nailed the photos, at least the ones that are on your blog! Your family photo is adorable, Ethan's grin kills me!
Three things: I love your blue dress.
The wedding photos are beautiful.
Chase looks just like your dad!
Aww Capri haha. Haven't gotten the pictures yet but this one looks really good and we can't wait to see them! I had total faith in you btw. Thanks for taking them! =)
Post a Comment