Friday, September 13, 2013

First day


This week Ethan had his first day of Preschool. He was so excited. He wanted to wear his John Deere hat and sat admiring his light-up Iron Man backpack the entire drive.


The excitement he had to get in there was contagious. It was hard not to be happy for him. He wants to make friends and interact with other kids so badly. It's hard living out in the country on this little guy. 

 

When we got inside we found his locker and he hung his stuff up all by himself.


Then he headed right into the classroom. His teacher's name is Ms. Kelli and Ethan's convinced she lives at Kelly Farm (because we went to Kelly Farm a few months ago...) He calls her Ms. Kelly Farm. Its pretty hilarious. 

Its hard to guess what kind of parent you'll be before you become one and I never really could guess whether I'd be the lady bawling her eyes out when her baby starts school, but I found out this week that it wasn't so hard to let go. He's ready and I want whats best for him. And it feels so good to see how excited he is to see me when class is over.  

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh my goodness. I will shed enough tears for the both of us. I can't believe he is going to preschool.

Ethan Leigh STOP GROWING!!!

Love,
Tawnya

Anonymous said...

I am crying too. This is so tender! And Ethan has amazing calf muscles already. I am so happy for all of you and especially for Baby E on his first day of preschool!

Adam Eyler said...

Com'on girls, dry it up already. He is a stud and he just wants to go to school to strut is stuff (and his cool hat of course!) It is super cool to see him growing up Nic, and to know that you are enjoying this part of his life. There will be countless more to come and don't worry about shedding those tears. They will come before you know it. Thanks so much for taking the time to document the lives of your children. Your mom and I love you all very much!