Summer's in full swing here in MN, and that means it's hot and humid.
We've been doing a lot of afternoon coloring inside to try and find some relief from the heat. I'm thrilled that Capri likes to color, its something I've always liked to do as well. I may or may not have some coloring books in the cupboard reserved just for me...
Ethan has been having some epic water gun fights with the neighbors. Travis usually joins in when he gets home from work and that's when things start to get real. We're all loving our neighborhood more than we ever could have imagined. I feel really blessed that this is where we ended up.
On the weeks Travis is gone I find myself willing to make some exceptions to the rules for the sake of these two playing together. In my moments of desperation, I let them do what they really want to do-strip down and bounce their hearts out.
Travis has been on quite a few trips this summer and we've all taken a toll from it. The kids miss him a lot and I know they get tired of being with me 24/7. So, in some desperate moments of his own, he's been bringing the kids home surprises from his trips. They voluntarily cover their eyes in anticipation and it just cracks me up.
4 comments:
Love your blog and your cute little family Nic. Mom is going to eat those kids up in a few weeks. Just make sure she doesn't strip down and jump on the furniture too. I just got her to stop doing that around here ;-)
First of all, your dad is hilarious. Love his comment.
Secondly, I love these kids soooo much and miss them terribly. You need to send them my way.
Thirdly, You are one awesome mama!
I don't know why Adam would want Dawn to stop that... especially naked! Loved reading this blog and seeing all the pictures of what the little stinkers have been up too lately!
Your Dad is hilarious! I am so proud of you for encouraging them to be free! Capri is so flexible! I wish I could do that while coloring. And that cute little Ethan, I already picture him having friends who are a live version of The Christmas Story. I can hardly wait for the third little bumpkin'!
Post a Comment