Monday, July 21, 2014

birthday fits, a trip, and too many to-dos

Another month has flown by and I've no blog posts to show for it. So here we go...
This little missy turned two and apparently crying fits and tantrums are her birthday thing (flashback to last year's party here). It all became significantly better when the presents appeared.

I'm starting to think I had a serious lapse in judgement when I thought having a September baby wouldn't be that bad. I have to wear these horrible compression nylons basically 24/7 and it's about as bad as wearing wool leggings in July. I better see some payoff for this at some point in my life...

We're still spending almost every evening at the park. It hasn't gotten old yet. (Note its not just mommy/daughter matching around here...these two in their aviators is just priceless.)

Last week Travis and I went on a little business trip/getaway to Clearwater, Florida. It was a much needed break.


I walked the beach every day, but I only ventured out into the water once. I was a little nervous some shark would take me for dinner and dessert :)

One rainy night while we were there Travis and I drove up to do a session at the Orlando Temple. It was really lovely and a special experience for both of us.

Now we're home again and I've come to the brutal realization that I only have 8 weeks left to accomplish just under a million tasks. First up was painting a room for the baby. I really liked the color when it was on a card taped to the wall, but now that its finished I'm having trouble liking it. Am I the only one who thinks paint looks drastically different once you get it on the wall? I guess I was just hoping for it to be a little lighter. Oh well. I'm not adding another project to my list.


2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Just a few things.
1. Capri is adorable even when throwing her fits.
2. Sorry about the tights but you still look amazing.
3. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip.
4. I am liking that paint color. And, once you get art up and decorate I am sure you will love it too.

Give the kiddos kissies for me.

Anonymous said...

You are rockin' those compression tights Nicole! Well done! Capri is such a little cutie in her aviators. I hope she had an awesome Birthday party! I'm liking that paint color. I agree with Tawnya, I'm sure you'll make it look amazing with your fantastic design skills. Let me know if I can help!